How to purchase International Journal of Ikebana Studies (IJIS)
- If you want a copy of the latest issue of IJIS, become a member of International Society of Ikebana Research (ISIR).
- If you want multiple copies or previous issues of IJIS, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a librarian from university or research centre and would like to include our journal in your collection, please send an email for a special arrangement. email@example.com
Call for Papers
The International Society of Ikebana Research (ISIR) is pleased to announce the call for submissions to the publication of peer-reviewed International Journal of Ikebana Studies (IJIS).
ISIR accepts papers only from its members. Please join ISIR first to submit your paper.
ISIR was established in Kyoto, Japan in September 2012. ISIR is the first academic society that seeks to present research in a wide range of areas in Ikebana. Its journal aims to promote the development of links between Ikebana related research beyond various differences among Ikebana schools and to enhance the understanding of Ikebana in the international community. Areas that are covered by the journal include the following areas:
- Teaching and Learning the Ikebana
- Ikebana Policy, Management and Advocacy
- Ikebana Theory and Criticism
- Social, Political and Community Agendas in the Ikebana
- Ikebana Practices
- Art therapy
- Aesthetics, Design
- Philosophy, Ethics, Consciousness
- History, Historiography
- Literature/Literary Studies
- Ethnicity, Difference, Identity
- Immigration, Race, Nation
- Sexuality, Gender, Families
- Religion, Spirituality
- Science, Environment and the Humanities
- Other Arts and Humanities
Submission Deadline: 30 November 2020 for Vol.8.
Submission Check List:
- APA Style http://bit.ly/1LIFGts
- 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Single-spacing throughout the document.
- Double space (instead of indent) to designate a new paragraph or section.
- Page numbers at the bottom center of each page.
- Top, bottom, and side margins no less than 7/8 of an inch or 2.2 cm.
- Cover page that includes title, authors, their affiliations, their contact information, and the topic of the submission.
- Title, authors and affiliations repeated at the beginning of the body of the paper.
- Manuscript should be approximately 2,000-5,000 words in length and should not exceed 5000 words (excluding tables, figures and references).
- Paper submissions must contain no more than 30% of textual material published in other places by the same author or authors, and these other places must be acknowledged and cited.
- Graphs and visuals can be reproduced electronically.
- Papers must have a minimum of five scholarly references.
Publication and Licensing Issues: Authors retain copyright in their work but are agreeing to a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License for their work to help ensure continued global access to the work over time. All publications will be openly archived eventually.
Submission Process: Submit your paper in Words file to firstname.lastname@example.org